Get award-winning advice from industry-leading experts
We are an award-winning registered investment advisory firm serving clients nationwide from our offices in downtown San Francisco. And we're working for you.
Our Investment Council
Our investment decisions are backed by Nobel-Prize winning theory and continuously refined by an Investment Council of notable scholars and finance experts. The Committee has decades of experience and billions of dollars behind them.
Award-winning investment forecaster and researcher, frequent financial media contributor, seasoned financial management consultant
- As Chief Investment Officer, oversees FutureAdvisor’s diversified asset allocation model, investment selection process, and investment committee.
- A frequent contributor to Forbes, where he writes on savings and investing topics
- Former financial management consultant with a McKinsey spin-off and new product development with Anheuser-Busch.
Strategic Project Portfolio Management: Enabling A Productive Organization John Wiley & Sons; 1 edition (20 Nov. 2009)
Former Chief Economist at the US Treasury, leading macroeconomic expert
- Former US Treasury Chief Economist, served on the staff of President's Council of Economic Advisors
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, professor and former chair of Finance Department at Kellogg
- Published in the American Economic Review, the Journal of Political Economy, Econometrica, and the Quarterly Journal of Economics
Chief Investment Officer of Atlas Capital Advisors. Former CIO of the Stanford endowment, Hewlett-Packard, and the UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
Ken has previously served as the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) of the following institutions:
- The United Auto Workers (UAW) Retiree Medical Benefits Trust, where he oversaw approximately $60 billion in investment assets
- Stanford Management Company, where he directed investment strategy for $18 billion in endowment and other assets of Stanford University
- Hewlett-Packard Company, where he oversaw HP’s $33 billion in retirement plan assets
Former Director of Analytics, U.S. Department of the Treasury; top-selling author; financial industry veteran
- Top-selling mathematics and statistics book author
- For 12 years, performed proprietary trading and economic research for firms such as Salomon/Citigroup and Morgan Stanley.
- Former Director of the Policy, Research, and Analysis Department in the US Government’s Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
Statistics Topics CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2014)
Co-Founder & CEOBo is the lead investment advisor representative and holds a Series 65 license. Bo earned a degree in Computer Science from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with a minor in Technology and Management.
Co-Founder & CTOJon is co-founder, interaction designer, and engineer at FutureAdvisor. Before founding FutureAdvisor, he worked on Exchange ActiveSync, Windows Live Mobile, and Windows Phone 7 at Microsoft. Jon holds a degree in Computer Science from MIT.
Backed by winners
We are backed by luminaries that have invested in and grown truly world-changing companies. Our angel investors include entrepreneurs and executives who have built Google, Square, Yelp, YouTube, and PayPal.
Meet the team
We are a group of engineers and finance geeks, passionate about technology and the ways in which it can improve lives. We are savvy investors and subscribe to academically researched portfolio management principles. We believe that long-term portfolios should be based on objective advice, diversification, tax efficiency, and low-fee index funds. We're making real investment management available to everyone.Our Team